So May is my favorite month. Mostly because it’s the month that I entered the world, but also because it has always been the start of summer. And really, I typically hate summer, transitions, and saying goodbye to all my friends. But in that first day, there’s the overwhelming joy that you and all your classmates feel as you exit the classroom for the last time. You feel that comradery–that you have been through the year together and it’s finally over.
A few things that this month has in store for me:
- Graduation. In three(ish) days.
- My 21st birthday on the 18th.
- My best friend’s birthday on the 22nd.
- The GRE test. (yuck!)
- A friend’s wedding.
- Lots of reading, working, and wedding planning.
- Went to Walmart to buy a present for my Secret Sister and Orbit gum for myself.
- Changed into comfortable clothes.
- Wrote a blog post.
- Surfed the internet, mainly Buzzfeed and Youtube.
- Ate dinner alone.
- Read 50 pages of The Hunger Games.
- Took a four hour nap.
- Read 50 more pages of The Hunger Games.
- Ate a bag of popcorn and a bottle of Mt. Dew. I know I’m getting married and supposed to be on a starvation diet, but screw that. This was the most hectic semester of my life and I’ll eat what I want.
Anyway, Happy May 1st!