books I plan on reading Spring 2017

Just so we’re clear: just because I plan on reading these doesn’t mean I actually will. You might have noticed that some of these have been on past tbr lists. That’s because I have no self-control and just grab whatever I feel like in the moment.

Right now, I’m reading A Conjuring of Light and it’s taking me forever so if we’re being real, I will probably only get to a few of these. But I’m trying to be optimistic.

Today I’m linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for a Top Ten Tuesday!

This week’s theme: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR

17262714 17131869

Attack on Titan, vol. 6 // Hajime Isayama
Saga, vol. 2 // Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

–Emily
currently listening to: Where’s My Love by Symi

~~~
Have you read any of these books?
What is the top book you plan to read this spring?

14 Comments

1. Rissi
    March 13, 2017

I’ve seen a ton of good things about Sarah Dessen and her books, but alas, I’ve not read them! Not sure why, but ’tis the truth. Hope you enjoy “Saint Anything.”

…I’m right there with you regarding one’s seasonal TBR. Chances are slim I’ll read many on my TBR either, but it’s still fun to dream. And fangirl. And talk general bookish fun. 🙂
    Rissi recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday | Spring 2017 TBR (or the Books That I Want to Read this Spring But Probably Won’t)My Profile

1. Emily Seals
      March 14, 2017

The only Dessen book I’ve read is Just Listen, but that was ages ago. Saint Anything has been on my radar for awhile, and I recently found a nice copy at our local used bookstore. 😀
      For all that I talk about books, I actually do very little reading…I’m a terribly slow reader! So I’ll probably get through maybe 5 of these this spring…and I’ll probably throw in some others on a whim.

2. Chrissi Reads
    March 14, 2017

I’ve read a few of these books. I have to say, out of the ones I’ve read, The Rest Of Us Just Live Here really stands out. I think it’s an incredible book.

1. Emily Seals
      March 14, 2017

That’s so good to hear! I’ve heard mixed reviews, but the ebook was on sale last week for $1.99 so I just had to get it. 🙂

3. Astilbe
    March 14, 2017

I do the same thing, Emily. I do try very hard to eventually get to every book on my TBR list, though, even if it takes a few years.

Chrissi, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about The Rest Of Us Just Live Here from so many different people. So glad that you liked it. I think I might have to bump it higher on my list so I can get to it more quickly. It’s definitely something I’ve kept meaning to read.

My TTT
    Astilbe recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBRMy Profile

1. Emily Seals
      March 15, 2017

I’ll admittedly take things off my tbr on occasion because I’ve lost the vibe. One of the downfalls for waiting so long to read everything. But that’s less likely to happen with books I own, like most of these. 🙂

4. Lauren @ Always Me
    March 14, 2017

The Female of the Species is excellent! Happy reading. 🙂

Lauren @ Always Me

1. Emily Seals
      March 15, 2017

Thanks, Lauren! I was super pleased to find that it the binding was white under the jacket. It looks really pretty so that’s already a good sign.

5. Kyra Morris
    March 14, 2017

EEEK I LOVE SAINT ANYTHING SO MUCH! You have to read it soon and then we can flail together (if you love it – I HOPE YOU LOVE IT), it’s so adorable and there are so many wonderful friendship dynamics and AH it’s perfection!

Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!
    Kyra Morris recently posted…My Spring TBR Pile!My Profile

1. Emily Seals
      March 15, 2017

YES I HOPE WE CAN FLAIL TOGETHER. Flailing is my favorite. 😉
      I tend to think of Sarah Dessen as like the Danielle Steel of YA…but not in a good way. That’s probably completely unfounded because I haven’t read that many books by either. Maybe Saint Anything will give me more appreciation. 🙂

6. Nicole Lynn
    March 15, 2017

I’ve only read American Born Chinese on your list here & really enjoyed that one. I’m like you and tend to just grab at whatever I’m feeling in the moment & never really stick to a TBR as much as plan one out each month 😂 I do want to read Dumplin, The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Saga & The Female of the Species but I’m not sure when I’ll get to them either haha. Wishing you a great reading month! Thanks for sharing your list 🙂
    Nicole Lynn recently posted…Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR | Top Ten TuesdaysMy Profile

1. Emily Seals
      March 15, 2017

Thanks, Nicole! I got most of these books for Christmas and have just been putting off reading them, but I really want to!
      …but then I just checked out four books from the library on a whim yesterday so…

7. Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
    March 15, 2017

The Rest of Us Just Live Here is FANTASTIC. I love Patrick Ness!

1. Emily Seals
      March 15, 2017

I haven’t read ANYTHING by him, which I know is sad and pathetic. But I’m looking forward to it!