– I went to a basketball game back home so that was fun. I hadn’t been to one in a long time. I understand very little of the technical details, but I really enjoyed it.
– Deacon got me flowers for Valentine’s Day and a 3-month subscription to Petit Vour. They send a a monthly box with cruelty-free and 100% vegan products. So expect some reviews coming soon.
– Deacon’s grandma, Ginnie, passed away earlier this week. I don’t want to say much about it (I’ve always preferred to grieve quietly), but she was a wonderful person and we all loved her.
– I’m trying to train my hair to go without shampooing every day. It’s dreadful. I know it’s so oily because it’s washed every day and I just need to man up and break the cycle, but there are few things I despise more than greasy hair. Even if other people can’t tell. I can tell.
– I’m thinking about giving up red meat. But I also had a cheeseburger for dinner last night.
– Audible is super good at keeping their subscribers. I tried to cancel my subscription twice and they pulled me back each time. The first time, they let me suspend my subscription for three months without canceling. The second time, they literally gave me $20. I finally canceled today because I just don’t have as much time to listen anymore and I have a lot of books in my library already. But man they’re good.
– PicMonkey has made several of their free fonts premium-only and I am very unhappy about it. If you want my business do not make me unhappy. (PicMonkey should take some tips from Audible.)
– Karlee and I spent quite a bit of time a few weekends ago ranking our favorite Disney songs. “Colors of the Wind” won. Although “Kiss the Girl” was close.
– I cannot pronounce outlier. I know it’s out-lye-er but it always comes out as out-lee-er. I’ve said this to students while helping edit their papers on numerous occasions and I’m always horribly embarrassed because in no world has it ever been out-lee-er.
Rex is nearing the end of his crate rest! He hasn’t liked the storms these past few days, but other than that he’s been pretty fine.
Legend of Korra (almost finished Book 4, but then my blu-ray froze)
The Office (almost done with Season 7)
One Tree Hill (almost done with Season 2, which sucks)
Attack on Titan (rewatched entire season because season 2 comes out in April)
Sully (liked it)
Suicide Squad (did not like it)
Deepwater Horizon (really liked it)
The Girl on the Train (liked it)
Star Trek Beyond (liked it)
Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour (really liked it)
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel (it was okay)
Attack on Titan vols. 4 and 5 by Hajime Isayama (really liked them)
Alice and the Fly by James Rice (really liked it)
A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
The Many Selves of Katherine North by Emma Geen