– I got my own domain name! If you’re reading this, you’ll see that my blog has changed quite a bit in the past month. I’m now Mixed Margins and am using Bluehost + WordPress instead of Blogger. There were a lot of reasons for the switch, and everything isn’t exactly how I want it yet, but it’s going okay. My biggest complaints is that WordPress doesn’t handle TIFFs, so my photos don’t look nearly as sharp as they did on Blogger. I’m still working on it, but feel free to leave me any suggestions for improving photo quality.
– My parents came down for the St. Pat’s parade. St. Patrick’s Day is the biggest holiday in Rolla? Something about him being the patron saint of engineering. I don’ treally know, but people go crazy and throw parties and students get two days off classes and there’s a parade.
– I got a blackdrop set and lights for indoor flash photography. You’ve probably noticed that I’ve been experimenting with this in the my past few posts. I’m doing a photoshoot this Sunday that requires indoor photography, so I bought a few things that I’ve been needing desperately. I still have a lot to learn, but I’m enjoying it!
– I found a nail polish that I absolutely love. It’s “Pink Beige” by Milani (cruelty-free brand!), but I got it at a local Big Lots that is now out of buisness and they only had one left. So naturally I looked it up online and found that it’s been discontinued! So I went ahead and bought another off Amazon while it’s available. I’m not super big into nail polish but I’ve been looking for this exact color for a long time.
– Camp NaNoWriMo starts this weekend! I really want to continue working on last November’s WIP, but I also want to be realistic, so I’ve set my word goal at 500 words a day. Completely doable, but still a little nudge.
– Never tell someone if a movie has a twist. It’s still a spoiler even if you don’t go into specifics. A twist isn’t a twist unless it’s unexpected.
– Does Ed Sheeran actually say “star monkey” in the chorus of What do I know? Because that’s all I hear.
– I cannot pronounce fl oz. (I think I’m going to start a new series here: words I can’t pronounce.) Other non-US countries probably just have mL, but here we have “fl oz” as the unit on our liquids. And it stands for “fluid ounce,” but I always say “floral ounce” by mistake. I have no idea why. It’s ingrained in my head that way. I have to stop and remind myself that it’s actually fluid ounce each time.
– We watched Arrival over the weekend and I was not expecting how focused on linguistics it would be. It was wonderful. And thought-provoking. I’ve been going back to it all week long.
– I know a lot of people have strong opinions over Thirteen Reasons Why. The Netflix series comes out tomorrow so I assume we’ll be hearing a lot about it soon. I actually really, really liked the book. I read it in early/mid-high school, and I honestly think it had a lasting impression on me. I feel the need to defend it, but to do so I think I’d have to reread it over and by the time I do that I think the topic will be gone. But maybe I’ll do that if I get time. In the meantime, feel free to leave me your thoughts about it in the comments!
Rex is officially off crate rest! He’s doing pretty well, though getting him back to being 100% potty trained has been a struggle. It seems his anxiety level only increases as time goes by. We’ve gotten him used to his Thundershirt, which works magic during storms. It pretty much has the same effect as giving him a mild sedative. He instantly relaxes and often just falls asleep.
The Office (finished Season 7, started season 8)
The Legend of Korra (finished Book 4)
Logan (it was okay. I think I’d like it more the 2nd time)
Passengers (really liked the first half. Second half was okay)
Moana (really liked it)
Arrival (really liked it)
Doctor Strange (rewatch – like it)
Saga, Vol. 1 by (liked it but it was weird)
The Many Selves of Katherine North by Emma Geen (it was just okay)
The Magician by Mark Pannebecker (it was okay)
A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
(I’ve been reading this literally all month and I’m not even close to be done)
How was your March?