A few details about my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel:
- It’s science fiction
- I don’t like science fiction. Ender’s Game? Hated it.
- So this should be interesting
- It is nothing, NOTHING, like Ender’s Game.
- All the names for characters are taken from towns in Missouri
- just as homage to this lovely region.
- No, I didn’t name anyone Park Hills or Farmington.
- It’s set in a fictional universe and the people are not quite human
- It has themes similar to last year’s novel pertaining to the relationship between two groups of people
- There are superpowers
- It has a subtle dystopian theme
- Inspired by: I Am Legend, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Never Let Me Go, as well as Spartan, Norse, and Aztec culture
- Mainly based on not one, not two, but three separate dreams I’ve had.
- Two of which I had in the same night last year.
- Dream one: girl in wilderness fighting zombies.
- Dream two: killing psycho man in front of his family by smashing his head into a wall
- Dream three: watching my best friend dissolve into dust after being attacked by aliens
- I am trying really hard to not make it like The Hunger Games.
- The main character has a pet leopard.
- It is written from first person POV.
- The main character’s name is never mentioned.
- But in case you were wondering, her name does not begin with an R.
- I know this breaks tradition.
- But the leopard’s name is Rolla.
- It includes murder, sailboats, a volcano, a sea monster, caves, a disappearance, delirium, and mutiny
- And superpowers. Did I mention that?
Super excited to begin this endeavor. Playlist to come soon.
See you at 50K!