I am so close to meeting the 50K goal, though far from the peak of my plot. The climax, I think, is out of reach, but I am okay with that. I will reach 50K, I will continue writing the story, and I will go back and slash through half of it in editing.
The last few days of NaNo always exhaust me. I’m not sure I’ll be able to write tomorrow, because we have so many things happening and I need to do the homework that I have put off literally all week.
So some updates on the novel:
- Unexpected occurrences:
- My characters decided to spend a night in a cave
- Rolla (the leopard) has been seriously injured and had to be temporarily left behind
- Elayer has a very broad vocabularly
- Weird things I’ve had to Google:
- the average weight of a female leopard
- if leopards can swim underwater
- the frequency and amount that leopards eat
- what Native American clubs looked like
- current page count: 97
- current exhaustion level: running on fumes