Time for some more NaNo updates!
- I am convinced that this is the worst first draft I have ever written in my life and if I do finish it and wish to maybe possibly get it published in the distant future I am basically going to have to rewrite the whole thing because right now, it’s 60 pages of crap.
- I started reading Jane Eyre the other day because why not add one more distraction to my life?
- I am almost finally to the turning point of my story. I had planned a lot more to happen after this point, but I really want to finish by the 30th, so I might condense it down.
- My chapters are apparently longer than I usually write, as I am only on chapter six. And I have to make it at least to ten chapters before I consider it a novel.
- I have been struggling to keep up, but I reached 25,000 with five minutes to spare and I wrote during my break today so I’m already on track for tonight.
- Dialogue is my favorite thing to write, but there is a lack of it in this story. I feel like my MC is just telling the readers everything and it is terrible.
Basically, NaNo has been a real struggle so far. The only thing that will make it better is getting to 50K.
Only 19,814 more words to go!
How has NaNo been to you so far?
currently listening to: Yellow Light by Of Monsters and Men