Ten Hyped Books That I’ve Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I read a lot of hyped books…to the point that it frustrates me a little bit. I want to be able to find my own books and fall in love with them and have them all to myself! But when I see a really cool trailer for a movie adaptation, I have to check out the book. And when I see a fandom have so many feelings and stand together for something, I want to be part of it!

In other words, this list was a little difficult. AS ALWAYS, RIGHT?

LITTLE TO NO INTEREST
everything by Rainbow Rowell
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
–Emily

10 Comments

1. Jessie
    July 7, 2015

Hello! I am the same with Fangirl. I really really want to read it, because Rainbow Rowell is a goddess, but I just haven't gotten around to it. And I feel the same way about Insurgent (and Allegiant, to be honest). Divergent is such a good first book that the sequels don't really live up to it.

Happy reading!

2. KayCee K
    July 7, 2015

Insurgent & Allegiant by Veronica Roth

The Maze Runner

Insurgent I read and like but I haven't read Allegiant, yet! As for The Maze Runner, I've seen the movie and I am dying to read the book! I've only heard good things about it. Now for Rainbow Rowell, she's a great writer. Fangirl is my favorite by her, I just feel in love with this book as so many parts make me think of myself. Great list, Happy Summer Reading! Please feel free to read mine here: http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-hyped-books-ive-never-read.html

3. debnance
    July 7, 2015

A big never to Fifty Shades. I feel sad for America that so many people have bought into this series.

Here's my TTT post!

4. Sue Holmes
    July 7, 2015

Fangirl and Kite Runner are excellent. The others… not worth the hype. MyTTT

5. Emily Seals
    July 7, 2015

Divergent wasn't awful, but I just wasn't feeling it. I had no drive to continue reading the series. I haven't read ANYTHING by Rainbow Rowell and need to fix that stat. Thanks for stopping by!

6. Emily Seals
    July 7, 2015

Thank you! Well if Fangirl is her best, I should probably start with something else by her and work my way up. =) I liked the Maze Runner movie and tried reading the book, but I COULD NOT GET INTO IT. I tried! But all the weird lingo and questions and masculinity turned me off. My sister loves it, though, so maybe I'll get back to it sometime. Maybe.

7. Emily Seals
    July 7, 2015

Thanks for coming by! I thought about reading it just so I can judge it for myself, but ultimately decided not to. Not my thing.

8. Emily Seals
    July 7, 2015

Good to know! I feel like everyone loves Game of Thrones and it seems like something I might like, but for some reason I just can't convince myself to start it. Maybe it's the size of the books. Maybe it's the size of the FANDOM. I'm so intimidated.

9. Pass on Fifty Shades and Insurgent. Game of Thrones is a must read (unless you watch GOT season 1). Maze Runner can really only be appreciated once you read the entire trilogy, but the mystery of it will keep you invested. Water for Elephants… The book is probably better, but if you watch the film, you haven't missed much. I haven't read the others on the list besides those and The Kite Runner, which is excellent.

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read

10. Sue Holmes
    July 8, 2015

I agree GOT is so daunting, but I love the TV series so I'm sure I will pick it up one day 😊