– Taylor Swift is back on Spotify! Were better words ever spoken? I have all her albums already, but now I can put her songs in my playlists.
– Rex turned nine and we celebrated his second year of adoption. More about that here.
– Deacon and I went to Maramec Springs for the first time. He had been as a kid but couldn’t really remember much, but I had never been before. It was so gorgeous. Post to come.
– Padme was straight-up murdered by Palpatine. And a lot of people agree on it. And I know this might seem trivial, but it’s really important for me. Padme is one of the only women in the prequels and was such a strong character in the Ep. 1 and part of Ep. 2, but fell to pieces in Ep. 3. But this theory means that her lack of strength wasn’t by her own doing. She was manipulated and murdered by Palpatine.
– Wonder Woman was amazing. I know you’re probably tired of hearing about it, but it really is rare to have an action movie be so empowering for women. It’s up there with The Legend of Korra in that regard, showing that women can be feminine and strong and awesome at the same time.
– I have story ideas pouring out of my head. I don’t want to tell you I’m doing Camp NaNoWriMo because I feel I might actually do well if I try doing it secret for once…but if I were to do it, my goal would be to finish last November’s WIP. But I have another idea that I can’t stop thinking about, which will probably be for this November. BUT THEN. I had another idea this week that is based on the vestal virgins of Ancient Rome.
SO MANY PLOTS IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW
– I stumbled upon the Wikipedia page about thylacines and am still amazed. It was a marsupial! That looked like a wolf! But it’s not closely related to the wolf family (canidae). Because it’s a marsupial. GAHH IT’S SO AMAZING. I’m very angry that they’re now extinct.
sidenote: did you know that hippos are most closely related to whales?
Rex is doing pretty well. We had the bald spot on his leg looked at, and it’s nothing to worry about. He also had to get his nail trimmed, which is kind of an ordeal because his legs are really sensitive. There’s a groomer in Rolla that we really like, but they were closed when we took him and never answered their phone, so we had to take him someplace new. He did great, though. He actually prefers the grinder to the clippers.
He peed all over my dress shoes and pants before we took him inside, though.
Attack on Titan (finished Season 2) (I can’t stress enough how great this show is) (you must watch this show)
(it’s really really good)
The Clone Wars (season 1)
Big Bang Theory (season 9)
Eclipse (rewatch – meh)
Breaking Dawn, Part 1 (rewatch – okay)
Breaking Dawn, Part 2 (rewatch – okay)
Wonder Woman (loved it)
Star Wars, Episode III (rewatch – love it)(a little ashamed but this might be my fav star wars movie)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (it was…okay?)
Beauty and the Beast (meh)
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby (it was okay/meh)
Saga, Vol. 5 by Brian K. Vaughan (liked it)
Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston (really liked it)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
(I’m kind of in a reading slump. Nothing is really holding my attention.)
How was your June?