– I turned 24. And I feel like I’m finally old. I’ve reached adulthood. I’ve crossed that threshold of no looking back.
– I was terribly sick. Which doesn’t happen to me very often but it really took it out of me. I think it was a sinus infection? Maybe the flu? I don’t know. I never went to the doctor because I kept thinking it would be a short little thing. But I ended up not having much of a voice for over a week. All better now, though.
– We said goodbye to Haven. My yellow VW bug that my parents got me when I turned 16.
It was a good little car. I loved it while it lasted. It’s had a lot of maintenance problems though and hasn’t run in over a year, so it was time to get rid of it.
– Why do these gloves have to specifically say they’re designed for women? Deacon were at the store to buy him gloves so he can wash the dishes (he has eczema on his hands, so the soap and water is too harsh on his bare skin). And every single box said it was “contoured for a woman’s hand.” I don’t usually get offended about this sort of thing but it really got on my nerves.
– Nobody back home knows what my job is. When we went home a few weekends ago we ran into some people we knew and one person asked how school was going for me. (I’m graduated.) Another person asked if I’m out for the summer. I don’t know if people think I’m still a student or still teaching, but I’m neither. I’m a technical editor. I work at the university, but I’m there year-round.
– The cover of Blue Lily, Lily Blue looks like Edward Scissorhands.
– Never offer a new pet to someone who has just lost theirs. It’s very inconsiderate. Let them grieve for their friend first.
Not a lot to report on Rex this month. He’s been shaking his head a lot the past few days, though, so I might schedule a vet appointment to see if there’s something in his ear. But that’s about it. He was really good about snuggling me while I was sick, which I appreciated. =)
The Office (Season 8)
Black Mirror (started Season 3)
Switched at Birth (finished)
Sherlock (rewatching Season 2 & 3)
Attack on Titan (started Season 2)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (liked it)
Alien: Covenant (liked it)
Alien (rewatch – like it)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (rewatch – like it)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (rewatch – like it)
Star Wars Ep. IV – VI, I, II (rewatch – love them all. except I)
Get Out (it was good but overhyped)
Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman (dnf – couldn’t get into it)
Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell (really liked it)
Saga, Vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughan (liked it)
Saga, Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan (liked it)
Attack on Titan, Vol. 7 by Hajime Isayama (liked it)
Attack on Titan, Vol. 8 by Hajime Isayama (liked it)
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (liked it)
Wires & Nerve, Vol. 1 by Marissa Meyer (really liked it)
Eleanor & Park (reread – love it forever and ever)
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
How was your May?