To celebrate our third anniversary, Deacon and I took a mini-vacation last weekend to Panama City Beach in Florida. It’s where we went on our honeymoon, and it’s not a terrible drive (~11 hours). We did run into traffic around Birmingham both there and back, so it took a little longer, but we still had time to do everything we wanted to.
Last time we went, we didn’t stay on the beach, so I made that our priority this year. We didn’t have much of an agenda. I took my camera but decided to not obsess over taking pictures (I already have pictures from last time we went). I haven’t even edited the photos from my phone, but that’s fine. I’m trying to learn to soak up life as it’s around me and get away from this obsessive urge to document everything.
Highlights of the trip:
- Our room had a gorgeous view
- The sand is so, so soft
- It rained off and on pretty much the whole trip
- Our room had bugs
- We swam in the ocean
- The fish tickled our feet while we swam in the ocean
- We watched a little girl chase seagulls
- We walked to pier park and back twice
- I walked more than I have in months
- The pier felt like a safari
- We saw a real, wild dolphin
- We saw two jellyfish
- We also saw something that might have been a ray but we’re pretty sure it was actually a legendary Pokemon
- We ate a bunch of good seafood
- We saw War for the Planet of the Apes and loved it
- (On our honeymoon, we saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes at the same theater, so we wanted to keep the tradition alive)
- Our car battery died because we left the lights on and we had to wait an hour for AAA to show up
- I read a Darth Vader comic and book of poetry
- We bought a ton of clothes at Old Navy because they were having a really good sale
- I went to Dave & Busters for the first time and we got Star Wars socks
- We ate ice cream in waffle cones
- Our GPS kept taking us down weird roads
- I drove out of state for the first time
- Deacon taught me how to use cruise control
- We devoured food at Qdoba when we got back
It was a great trip, but it’s probably our last time going there. It can be relaxing, but we’ve pretty much done all we want to there. For our next trip, we’ll be going somewhere new. (be sure to leave suggestions in the comments!)
currently listening to // Ghost Plant by High Math
Do you like going to the beach? Have you ever seen a wild dolphin?
Where is your favorite vacation spot?