books I plan on reading Fall 2017

So quick story: I was totally going to take book photos OUTSIDE because the leaves in my yard scream FALL and this post is all about FALL. But it started pouring down rain as soon as I touched my camera and this is pretty much a metaphor for the entire day I so I just threw a book on the window ledge by my kitchen sink, hope you don’t mind.

You might remember when I posted my Spring tbr back in March. Sadly…I didn’t read a lot of those books. In fact, I didn’t read any of those books that Spring. I’m bad at this. But I’m actually, definitely going to read at least some of the books on this list. Because ARCs and John Green and whatnot.

While I’m here: apparently there has been an issue whenever people tried to post comments. I believe it has now been resolved! Let me know if you guys have any more issues.

Today I’m linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for a Top Ten Tuesday!

This week’s theme: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

34928122 12162432

Artemis // Andy Weir
I have this for an ARC review and plan to start reading it this week! It’s planned to come out in November.

Where Things Come Back // John Corey Whaley
I’ve been wanting to read this forever and recently saw it in our university’s library and instantly checked it out. We have 4-month checkout times so it’s not too high on my priority list, but I’m going to try to get to it sometime soonish.

18813642 15837671

Bad Feminist // Roxane Gay
My best friend really likes this book/author and I just found out she has a freaking PhD in technical communication (AKA the best subject ever) (I’m not biased at all) so it’s going to happen.

Turtles All the Way Down // John Green
So I preordered this because John Green, then he announced his tour and is coming to St. Louis and I’m not in college anymore so I can actually go! And I get a signed copy with my ticket (actually two because my husband is going), but that date is two weeks after the release date so. I’m not canceling my preorder because I want to have read it. Which means there might be a signed copy giveaway coming in October.

9969571 34413312

Ready Player One // Ernest Cline
I’ve heard great things about it and want to read it before the movie comes out next year, so I just downloaded the audiobook!

Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South  // Gene Luen Yang
I think this is the last ATLA graphic novel? Which is sad because I always enjoy them, and they do a great job at bridging the time gap between ATLA and Korra.

23395680 13547180

Illuminae // Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
I know, I know. I’m the worst.

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness // Susannah Cahalan
Kristina Horner recommended this one. It sounds like a really interesting memoir, so I bought it during an Audible sale last week. But if I’m not into this one, I might listen to The Girl with All the Gifts instead, especially if it’s around Halloween.

28512548 28421168

The Female of the Species // Mindy McGinnis
How many TBR lists have I put this on? Probably all of them. But I put it in the photo this time so I’d have more pressure to actually read it. Also it was the most convenient one to grab.

Renegades // Marissa Meyer
I don’t think I’m going to preorder this so reading it might not happen, but it’s Marissa Meyer so I’ll probably cave the day it comes out.

–Emily
currently listening to // Pluto by Sleeping at Last

~~~
Have you read any of these books? Let me know what you thought!
What is the top book you plan to read this fall?

36 Comments

1. Jade @ BookMuffin
    September 19, 2017

Turtles All The Way Down made my Autumn TBR list as well! I’m super excited for the release of that one! I’ve had Illuminae on my shelf for a while and it’s just sitting there looking pretty and waiting to be read at some point… hopefully pick that one up soon! Great list, here’s my TTT: https://bookmuffin.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/whats-on-my-autumn-tbr/

September 19, 2017

Illuminae is just laughing at me at this point. I’ve waited so long to read it, I’ve definitely psyched myself out. XD Thanks for stopping by!

2. Michelle Book Briefs
    September 19, 2017

Awesome picks! There are so many fall releases I am excited about and so many series I want to continue/start!

Happy Reading!

Michelle @ Book Briefs
    My Fall TBR picks

September 19, 2017

It seems like it’s going to be a good reading year! 😀 I’ve actually read more books this year than I ever have. I hope to keep it up this fall. Thanks for stopping by!

3. Yasmine @ Swissbookworm
    September 19, 2017

Artemis looks awesome!! I can’t wait for Turtles All The Way Down, as I’ve read nearly all of John Green’s book. I LOVED Ready Player One and Illuminae and another book I’m going to pre order is Renegades 😀 Great list!! Happy Reading :))

Here’s my TTT @ Swissbookworm.

xx Yasmine
    Yasmine @ Swissbookworm recently posted…Stacking The Shelves #11: The I Went Overboard EditionMy Profile

September 19, 2017

Artemis has a gorgeous cover! I’m really excited for it. I read just the first few pages last night, and it seems to have the same stamina as The Martian (let us hope). I still need to read Will Grayson, but I’ve enjoyed John Green’s other books and the character in this one seems really intriguing. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

4. Angela
    September 19, 2017

I’m really looking forward to Artemis – I loved The Martian, so I’m anxious to see how he follow that up!

September 19, 2017

The Martian was incredibly surprising. Such a unique story and character. I hope Artemis is just as good. It’s a tough act to follow. 🙂

5. Jeanna
    September 19, 2017

I am so pumped for Turtles All the Way Down. All of my friends and I have preordered it too! I can’t wait for it to be in my hands; it will definitely be read as soon as it arrives at my doorstep. I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

September 19, 2017

I feel like I’m going to be a zombie at work on Oct 11 after having read Turtles all night long. XD

6. Chrissi Reads
    September 19, 2017

I really want to read Where Things Come Back. I hope you love it and the rest of these books when you get around to them!

September 19, 2017

Thanks! I’ve had my eye on it for awhile now, but I don’t hear a lot of people talk about it.

7. Literary Feline
    September 19, 2017

I have the same luck with making lists like this, but I do enjoy making them. And there is always the hope this time will be different. Because it will! Hopefully.

You have a great list. I really enjoyed the audio version of Ready Player One. I hope you like it too! I have been wanting to read Bad Feminist and Illuminae and Renegades as well. Thank you for sharing!

September 19, 2017

I love making lists! But when the time comes, I don’t like to be confined by them. XD I’m really happy to hear the audio for Ready Player One was good. I didn’t know what format to go with, but I know I tend to like sci-fi audiobooks. Thanks for stopping by!

8. Emma
    September 19, 2017

I’m looking forward to Renegades! I did preorder it, and I’ve got my fingers crossed, because I didn’t like Heartless as much as The Lunar Chronicles so I’m a bit nervous.
    Emma recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Fall 2017 TBR ListMy Profile

September 19, 2017

Admittedly, Heartless wasn’t that great. But I went into that one with low expectations because I’m not a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. I’m trying to do the same way with Renegades by not reading anything about it. But I’m not sure anything can be as good as The Lunar Chronicles.

9. Greg
    September 19, 2017

The only ones I’ve read are illuminae and Ready Player One, both of which I liked although Illuminae was definitely my favorite of the two. Renegades looks fun, and the new John Green I’m really curious for, and I know nothing about the story but I kinda like that? Then I can be surprised. 🙂

Greg recently posted…Tuesday Tagline #57My Profile

September 19, 2017

I’m glad to hear you liked Illuminae and Ready Player One. 😀 I didn’t like sci-fi for a long time, but I’ve really started to read more from the genre this year (or at least, I’m trying to). It’s always fun to read something that you have no expectations for! I think I always enjoy it more that way.

10. Jo
    September 19, 2017

Hope you enjoy all these!
    Jo recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #125My Profile

September 19, 2017

Thank you. I hope so, too!

11. Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra
    September 19, 2017

This is a great list. The Females of the Species and Illuminae are two of my favorite recent reads. Happy reading!

September 20, 2017

I hope I like them as much as everyone else! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

12. Saii @ Literary Hues
    September 19, 2017

Ready Player One and Illuminae are just amazing! They’re among my sci-fi favourites 🙂

September 20, 2017

I’m glad to hear it! I’m really looking forward to them. 😀

13. Alyce @ Everything Alyce
    September 20, 2017

Bad Feminist is DELIGHTFUL. You’ll fly through it and want to read it again as soon as you turn the last page. I’m hoping to read more of Roxane’s writing sooner rather than later: I might try to squeeze that in in fall, too.

September 25, 2017

That makes me feel better about reading it. I usually stay far away from nonfiction because I always find it boring to read, but it sounds like this one will hold my interest. 🙂

14. Lindsey @ Word Me Write
    September 22, 2017

Illuminae and Renegades are also books I want to read this autumn. Which means it probably won’t happen 😅 No matter. One day I’ll get around to them! I’ve heard so many good things about Illuminae though. And the third one is coming out in March. So I should really get to reading it.

September 25, 2017

I have a habit of waiting to read a series until the last book comes out so I can join the hype even though I don’t feel like a true fan. I just never know if I’m going to like a series and never want to invest my time into them until I know that I’ll like them.

15. Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads
    September 22, 2017

Great list! Renegades made my list as well, but I also really want to read Ready Player One and Female of the Species still. Turtles All The Way Down and Artemis sound so good as well 🙂

September 25, 2017

It’s going to be a good season for new releases! I’m not usually one to read books as soon as they come out, but there will definitely be exceptions this year. 🙂

16. Zoe @ Stories on Stage
    September 23, 2017

Illuminae is one of my favorite books, so I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I did. 🙂 Ready Player One and The Female of the Species are both fantastic too. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3
    Zoe @ Stories on Stage recently posted…When Dimple Met RishiMy Profile

September 25, 2017

Thanks, Zoe! I’m glad that they were good. I’m looking forward to them!

17. Mallory @ The Local Muse
    September 23, 2017

You MUST read The Female of the Species! It’s such an experience to read; it’s so intense and impossible to put down. I LOVED Where Things Come Back and have been meaning to reread it for years. It’s so odd but so good, its really unique for YA.

Enjoy your reading!

September 25, 2017

I don’t know why I’ve been putting it off for so long. I need to get my priorities straight. XD

18. Kyra Morris
    September 27, 2017

ILLUMINAE!!! Ahh, one of my favourite books EVER. I absolutely loved it and the sequel was even better! It took me quite awhile to fully get into but after that, I sped through it and I freaking LOVED it. I hope you enjoy it!

October 11, 2017

Gosh I hope I like it. The hype is so real. I need to read the first two before the third one comes out next year.