– I saw the full solar eclipse. It was so, so amazing. I wrote an entire post about it.
– I received my first ARC! It’s Artemis by Andy Weir, author of The Martian, and comes out in November. I got the ARC through NetGalley, which I signed up for this month. 🙂
– We went to a Cardinals game. I’m not really a sports person, but it’s an annual tradition on my dad’s side of the family. Deacon and I haven’t been able to go for the past couple of years, so we were excited to see everyone this year. And it was actually a pretty good game (I didn’t even have to crack out a book).
– I’m participating in #TheReadingQuest challenge. It’s actually the first reading challenge I’ve ever participated in. I’m doing pretty well—I’ve I’ve finished two books from my quest and two graphic novels for side quests–but I have three more books to read by Sept 10, so it might be a little tight.
– I’ve got hummingbirds!
– I set up separate Twitter and Instagram accounts for the blog. I finally broke down and decided to separate my personal and blogging accounts. I felt like my audience was very split. I’m still actively posting on my personal accounts, but if you’re just interested in the things I post here on Mixed Margins, you can follow me on both Twitter and Instagram @mixedmargins
– I’m not a huge fan of Look What You Made Me Do. But I like the video.
– I hate it when people rub their hands together. Especially if their hands are dry. It’s apparently a strong pet peeve that I didn’t realize I had until this month.
I started playing a new game with Rex this month. Whenever he goes potty outside, he always gets a treat when he comes in. But lately, he gets too nervous to eat it because he’s afraid we’re going to leave the house afterwards. So I started playing a game where he guesses which hand the treat is in, and it gets him really excited to eat it afterwards.
In other Rex-related news, we had to order more of his chews for his arthritis (we use Glyde), which we had shipped to our house. When Deacon and I came home, we found that someone had stolen the box from our doorstep, realized they didn’t want it after opening it, and threw it in the middle of the street. Half of the contents were completely destroyed, and I felt like an angry momma bear.
But Amazon was super understanding and has replaced what we lost, and the chews that were unaffected seem to be fresher than his last batch. Rex has actually been eating some of them without having to mix them with peanut butter! He’s usually such a picky eater, but his appetite has been doing really well this month.
Clone Wars (in The Lost Missions)
(oh my gosh the last half of season 5 is intense)
(we only have a few episodes left, which is good because it leaves Netflix next week)
Annabelle (liked it)
Annabelle: Creation (liked it)
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han (okay)
Saga, Vol. 6 by Brian K. Vaughan (really liked it)
A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf (okay…kinda boring)
Hold Still by Nina LaCour (liked it)
Half Bad by Sally Green (okay)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (really liked it)
Lumberjanes, Vol. 2 by Noelle Stevenson & others (really liked it)
Lumberjanes, Vol. 3 by Noelle Stevenson & others (liked it)
Lumberjanes, Vol. 4 by Noelle Stevenson & others (really liked it)
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
How was your August?