– I wrote a novel for NaNoWriMo. It’s seriously the worst novel I’ve ever written but I somehow made it to the end and may never look at it again. But I managed to write something every day, so I still feel accomplished.
– I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! I upgraded from a Canon Rebel T1i to a Canon 6D mark ii. It’s a huge jump in quality and function and I’m definitely still trying to get used to it.
– I bought a lot of new books and am subsequently on a book-buying ban now. Future book haul post to come.
– Not a fan of Taylor Swift’s new album. A few songs aren’t awful, but I’ve listened to it a few times now and I’m just unimpressed. If I had a quarter every time she says baby
– I’ve been trying out new foundation. My skin is basically translucent and it’s always hard to find makeup that matches me, but I tried out Fenty Beauty’s line in shade 110 and got a pretty good match. I also tried Milani’s new shade in 00a and it was pretty close, too.
– I have been mispronouncing xylophone my entire life. I was reading an article on Merriam-Webster’s website about Xennials and long story short, there was a shocking moment where I realized that I’ve been pronouncing xylophone with an /ex/ sound instead of a /z/ sound. Apparently my sister does this the same way, but no one else in like the entire world says it like this and I have no idea where we picked it up. We were both in band, too!
– I finally watched the first season of Game of Thrones after my sister bought it on DVD. I liked it. Some of it was a little boring, and I pretty much knew everything that happened because it’s all over the internet, but it was pretty addicting once I started. I finished it all in two days.
– I’m dying for the new Scrivener update. It’s only avaiable for macOS right now. They changed their logo, too!
– I’ve been thinking about publishing a collection of poetry I wrote in college. I’ve been thinking about this for a few months now. I’d just make it available as an ebook, nothing extravagant, just to have it together somewhere.
Rex was super stoked whenever Deacon and I were home during the week of Thanksgiving. One night, he got out every single one of his toys to play. We’d play with one for a little while, then he’d go into his box and get out another one until they were all over our living room. And he was very good when we stayed at my parents’ house for Thanksgiving. He is going to see the vet next week to look at the small lump under his eyelid (which has always been there but seems to be getting a little bigger), but other than that he’s been great.
Sherlock (finished season 4)
Avatar: The Last Airbender (rewatched Book One and most of Book Two)
Game of Thrones (finished season 1)
Thor: Ragnarok (liked it)
Justice League (did not like it)